7.12.09

Clay Aiken The Spirit of Christmas w/ Mary Did You Know











Clay Aiken introduced me to a Christmas song -- Mary Did You Know.
This was a song I wasn't familiar with, and when I first heard about Clay singing it, I looked it up and listened to another singer's version. I honestly wasn't impressed.
THEN I heard Clay's rendition and quickly changed my mind.
The classic Clay passion and love shines when he sings MDYK, making it one of the most beautiful of the carols.

This new montage of Mary Did You Know features the audio from video by Toni7babe.
Photos thanks to:
Fivegoldens, Invisible926, KarenEh,
SLC, SmartypantsSuz, Toni7babe


Mary Did You Know











The following story was in an e-mail, it illustrates The Spirit of Christmas.
Thank you Bonnie :)

'Friends are God's way of taking care of us.'
This was written by a Metro Denver Hospice Physician:

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on Colorado Blvd., and the car started to choke and splutter and die - I barely managed to coast into a gas station, glad only that I would not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a woman walking out of the quickie mart building, and it looked like she slipped on some ice and fell into a gas pump, so I got out to see if she was okay.

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept saying 'I don't want my kids to see me crying,' so we stood on the other side of the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that things were very hard for her right now. So I asked, 'And you were praying?' That made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a crazy person and said, 'He heard you, and He sent me.'

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she could fill up her car completely, and while it was fuelling, walked to the next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and talking a little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City Her boyfriend left 2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan. 1, and finally in desperation had finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years. They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to get on her feet there.

So she packed up everything she owned in the car. She told the kids they were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to live there. I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for safety on the road. As I was
walking over to my car, she said, 'So, are you like an angel or something?'

This definitely made me cry. I said, 'Sweetie, at this time of year angels are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people.'

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of course, you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...








PK8KP5H9RZ7R



33 comments:

CLAYCOLOMBIA said...

Joan Thanks again for your blog and my new wallpaper. Beautiful pictures of Clay Aiken. The video also is so beautiful.
I also met "Mary Did You Know" through Clay Aiken. I had never heard
Thanks for the wonderful story. I really believe that the angels are around us, our friends, family and even a stranger
Rossy

musicfan said...

My goodness...what a beautiful page. Your blogs are always so beautiful.

Mary, Did You Know is one of my most favorite holiday songs. No one even comes close to Clay in their interpretation.

Thank you for this beautiful blog.

clayam said...

what a beautiful page!
Mary Did You Know is so beautiful the way Clay Aiken sings it.

gerra said...

What a very sweet, uplifting story. Your blog is always so beautiful. It is beautifully accented by that gorgeous man whom I love and respect more than I ever thought possible. I am another one who hadn't heard Mary Did You Know before Clay's version. The first time I heard it, the Target version with the finger snaps, I fell in love with a beautiful song sung by a very special man.

Unknown said...

Your blog is beautiful to the eyes and to the ears especially all wrapped up in my favorite Christmas song .

Thank you , Joan .

bonniecarmen said...

This beautiful song was written by Mark Lowry, several years ago, and remains one of the most beautiful Christmas songs ever. Clay does indeed do it justice. He makes it believable! Thanks for the lovely work! luv B

PaulaBear said...

I hear Clay Aiken's "Mary Did You Know" at least once every day on my local radio station! So happy they play it along with Winter Wonderland!

Anonymous said...

This Clay Aiken blog is always so visually stunning! Guess it helps to have a visually stunning subject to work with!

fgs said...

Beautiful graphics and wonderful blog with a message. Clay sings that song better than any other version I've heard. One of my favorites, too.

Anonymous said...

donni123Beautiful blog and story.
Hugs Margaret

Dianne Barbee said...

Ashes,

Thank you for another beautiful, uplifting blog. "Mary Did You Know" is one of my favorite Christmas carols, and no one sings it like Clay Aiken.

Thank you for your kind comments and retweets for the Carolina blog.

Have a great week!

Caro

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for reminding us to look beyond our own problems and think about others. That story brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart for so many that are feeling helpless.

I never heard Mary Did You Know, until Clay sang it. Now it is one of my favorite all time Christmas songs, along with All Is Well.

Thanks so much for the beautiful blog, so many videos to see and so little time. Love the pictures. Can't wait to see that face in concert! Looking forward to "The Best Is Yet To Come.

MAE said...

Thanks Ashes!! The story really touched my heart!! We all go through tough times in this life, but God is faithful when we trust Him and even when we don't sometimes. It's His nature because He loves us so much!! The video is just beautiful with Clay's "Mary Did You Know"! No one sings it with so much heart as Clay!! Beautiful, touching blog!!

cathie - fb ClayNation group - a.k.a. scootieboots said...

ashes...thank you for sharing your email with us. times are very hard for alot of us right now, and it just puts everything into perspective...at a time when we all could use it, it gives hope. the first time i heard mary did you know Clay was singing it. and every rendition i've heard after never even comes close. it is definitely one of my all-time favorites especially with your beautiful montage!

Anonymous said...

Ashes, thank you so much for the beautiful montage and touching story!

Hugs,
eve

LoriF said...

Hi Joan,

Absolutely love the wallpaper, the story....and Clay. He introduced ME to "Mary, did you Know" as well, and so many other things which have opened up my life.
Today~I am thankful for Clay.

chel4clay said...

Ashes, this made me cry. What a lovely story. I've read it before but each time I realize how blessed I am and give thanks for what I do have. MDYK is one of my favorites that Clay sings. He sings them all so beautifully and from the heart.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Thank U ! I enjoyed that so much. And Clay does sing beautifully and can't wait for him to get singing more to Us, soon!:) Merry Christmas ppl! A Clay music fan, Donna in Wi.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that your wallpaper is so beautiful. I enjoying reading your blogs also.

I love "Mary Did You Know." It is the best rendition of that song that I have ever heard. It should go down as a Classic.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful blog for Clay Aiken, a beautiful man.

Anonymous said...

Love the new wallpaper. Made the whole blog just come alive. It's all so beautiful, especially the song you chose. Lois

LovesClaysVoice said...

What a beautiful blog Ashes! I love Clay singing Mary Did You Know! Merry Christmas to you!

katy said...

What a touching story, Ashes, and the video of MDYK is amazing.

SueReu said...

Beautiful blog Ashes

I love the blends, the montage and that wonderful story.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say of this blog is STUNNING!

clayitagain said...

Ashes....

What a beautiful blog....thank you so much....This is really lovely
Hugs,
Judy

Rhode Island Fan said...

I loved Clay Aiken's Mary Did You Know--one of my favorite Christmas songs.

That story has me in tears--how beautiful. My own daughter was the recipient of the kindness of strangers when she was driving through the Sierra Mountains during a blizzard. I do believe that their are many angels right here on earth.
Clay Aiken sings like an angel, doesn't he!!!!

Rhode Island Fan said...

Hate when I make a typo and cannot fix it--meant there, not their!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary Did You Know is my very favorite Clay Aiken Christmas song. Love that man and his gorgeous voice!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the work you put into this beautiful Clay Aiken blog.

lulu said...

Beautiful blog and the story brought some tears to me. Clay Aiken sings MDYK so beautifully.

anaturegirl said...

Christmas and Clay Aiken always go well together. He definitely represents what the season is all about. Love your blog.

ImGranny said...

What a beautiful blog! "Mary Did You Know" is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I had never heard it till Clay Aiken sang it and I fell in love with his interpretation.

Good Search for The National Inclusion Project

YOU SEARCH OR SHOP...
WE GIVE!
Search the Web now Free coupons at top stores
Raise money for Bubel Aiken Foundation - BAF - National Inclusion Project(Research Triangle Park NC) just by searching the web and shopping online!

Followers

Around the World

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered By Blogger