20.3.09

Spring ln with Clay

Photobucket

It's OFFICIAL! The calendar says SPRING has arrived!!
The calendar and the TV weatherman are never wrong - right? Then how come when I look out my window, I see snow on the ground and nary a sprig of new grass or a crocus peeking out of it.
Oh well, at least the days are getting longer and I know spring is on it's way.
In the meantime I look forward to seeing Clay Aiken on my TV again for his guest appearances on ANTM and 30 Rock.


Photobucket





Photobucket

Clay Aiken - Profile Perfection

230a

Photobucket

230

Photobucket

230

Photobucket

Bsrefong~Sally Puzzle - AYSTAFG
(Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader)

P23 AYSTAFG

Photobucket

Photobucket

A friend sent me this bit of "history" a while back:

THE HISTORY of Aprons

I don't think our kids know what an apron is.

The principal use of Grandma's apron was to protect the dress underneath, but along with that, it served as a potholder for removing hot pans from the oven. It was wonderful for drying children's tears, and on occasion was even used for cleaning out dirty ears. From the chicken coop, the apron was used for carrying eggs, fussy chicks, and sometimes half-hatched eggs to be finished in the warming oven. When company came, those aprons were ideal hiding places for shy kids. And when the weather was cold, grandma wrapped it around her arms.

Those big old aprons wiped many a perspiring brow, bent over the hot wood stove. Chips and kindling wood were brought into the kitchen in that apron. From the garden, it carried all sorts of vegetables. After the peas had been shelled, it carried out the hulls. In the fall, the apron was used to bring in apples that had fallen from the trees.

When unexpected company drove up the road, it was surprising how much furniture that old apron could dust in a matter of seconds. When dinner was ready, Grandma walked out onto the porch, waved her apron, and the men knew it was time to come in from the fields to dinner.

It will be a long time before someone invents something that will replace that 'old-time apron' that served so many purposes.

REMEMBER:

Grandma used to set her hot baked apple pies on the window sill to cool.

Her granddaughters set theirs on the window sill to thaw. They would go crazy now trying to figure out how many germs were on that apron.

I don't know of anyone who ever caught anything bad from an Apron...only love.


Photobucket

Great video by Luvgreatmusic--
Clay Aiken "Solitaire" written by Neil Sedaka



Neil Sedaka quote re Solitaire:

"Bravo Clay, I have lost my song forever to you--It will always be a Clay Aiken song."

Photobucket


Photobucket

14 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

Ashes,

Love the Spring feeling in your blog! Thnx for the great graphics and the "Solitaire" montage.

Have a super weekend! Come south; no snow in sight! *g*

Caro

Dianne Barbee said...

Ashes,

Love the Spring feeling in your blog! Thnx for the great graphics and the "Solitaire" montage.

Have a super weekend! Come south; no snow in sight! *g*

Caro

barb 55 said...

I love your beautiful spring background and all of your pretties!

Clay does an amazing job singing HYCA, and Solitaire. Thanks for sharing the video! His voice is so special.

Sally has created another great puzzle. I could watch Clay's appearance on AYSTAFG over and over again. Everyone seemed to enjoy him so much when he was on the show.

Love and Hugs,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Love your blog , and the music in it is great too! Very nice job~! and I truly do enjoy it all! Background and everything is nice! Have great wk. end ! A Clay fan, Donna in WI.

jbc4clay said...

I always love coming to your blog!
Another great one!

Anonymous said...

oh so pretty here, and listening to Clay Aiken is the Best part!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you will see the green grass and flowers soon , Ashes . {{{ Hugs }}}

Thanks for the reminders of coming attractions . I am ready to Spring into action to see Clay on my tv screen very soon and hopefully in concert before the year is out .

Whatever or whenever , I'm right here waiting and I know you are too .

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashes,

Oh that music...could soothe me to sleep!! I just love your Spring background, makes me feel like it is just around the corner. I hope it comes your way Very Soon! I will try and send some Robin's your way.

Your blends, as always are THE BEST, and Sally's puzzle is always Big Fun! Thank You Sally!

Hope you have a good weekend, and FEEL BETTER SOON!!

Hugs,
Marlyne

Anonymous said...

Ashes,
This took my breath away! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the background very much and the blends are better than the best. Loved reading The history of Aprons. I didn't know that there are so many ways to use them. LOL! Thanks for featuring my puzzle and truly appreciate all the kind comments given here.

Love,
Sally

bonniecarmen said...

One thing about you - is that you always see the bright side. This is rare in this day and age. I thank God that you are in my life, and that you bring out the best in people. Thanks for the reminder! Bonnie

T said...

Your spring blog gives me joy because this is my favorite season. You definitely captured it. The close-up graphics are amazing! I can't stop staring. The opening song and Solitaire montage are great! I enjoyed reading the Apron history - very interesting!

Thanks so much Ashes and cheers to you!

Jannet said...

Awww Ashes... I love your blog! And always love the crossword puzzles! Hang on tight for spring, ok? It'll be here 'soon'. As will he. I just know it!

Anonymous said...

I love that beautiful voice. Your blossoms are very pretty. Sorry it took me so long to get here....started painting again.

Hugs, Lois

Cynthia J. Coleman said...

What a beautiful spring blog! I wouldn't mind another freeze here to get rid of the mosquitoes, but I hope you warm up soon. The snow hardly ever gets to where I live. Chattanooga is like a bowl, I'm in the bottom and snow usually sticks to the sides :D. Take care & God bless. Love always, Cynthia

Good Search for The National Inclusion Project

YOU SEARCH OR SHOP...
WE GIVE!
Search the Web now Free coupons at top stores
Raise money for Bubel Aiken Foundation - BAF - National Inclusion Project(Research Triangle Park NC) just by searching the web and shopping online!

Followers

Around the World

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Powered By Blogger